Building and Maintaining Relationships
This module focuses on how to build and maintain relationships to support career planning. The quality of professional relationships matters much more than the number of people in one’s network. We seek to reframe what networking looks like and shift perspective from transactional to nurturing connections with others.
- Develop quality relationships based on shared values and interests.
- Have career conversations with professionals in your career field of interest.
- The Networking Reframe List three names and creative ways you can approach each of them.
- Elevator Conversations Create a video highlighting five unique experiences that could be interesting or relevant to someone who doesn’t know much about you.
- The Informational Interview Identify one person you’d like to learn more about their career path. Schedule and lead a 15 minute ‘inspirational interview’ with a career professional.
Assessments and Quizzes
- About 30 minutes