Scholarships with a deadline of September 15
- Comberiate Memorial Scholarship: up to $11,752.50. Undergraduate Only.
Apply for scholarships here.
Comberiate Memorial Scholarship
Award: up to $11,752.50
Since receiving his Master of Science degree in Applied Mathematics in 1974 from Stony Brook University, Leonard Comberiate has gone on to exemplify what it means to be a proud Stony Brook alumnus. Leonard is currently Senior Director of Global Benefits at NASDAQ OMX and sits on the board of directors for the Children’s Village showing his dedication to both success and philanthropy. Leonard was originally drawn to the Children’s Village by their mission to help downtrodden children and their families achieve educational literacy, economic productivity, and social responsibility in their communities. Leonard’s strong family values stem from his parents, Joseph and Angela Comberiate, who not only motivated his success, but encouraged him to lift up those in need. It is in their honor that Leonard created the Joseph and Angela Comberiate Scholarship. Through the creation of this scholarship, Leonard aims to reward a worthy student from the College of Business at Stony Brook University with a full scholarship to his Alma Mater.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in the College of Business
- Demonstrate high academic achievement with a 3.0 or higher.
- Be a resident of the state of New York
- Student must have a demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
Scholarships with a deadline of November 15
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Suffolk County Scholarship: $1,000. Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Frank G. and Sally R. Doelger Graduate Scholarship: $500. Graduate Only.
- Empire National Bank Scholarship: $1,000. Undergraduate or Graduate.
- Thomas R. Sexton Award: $500. MBA Student Only.
- Real Estate Institute Scholarship: (2) $5,876.25. Undergraduate Only.
Apply for scholarships here.
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENTS AND BROKERS OF SUFFOLK COUNTY SCHOLARSHIP
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credits per semester) in the College of Business
- Be in good academic standing
- Be a resident of Suffolk County and a graduate of a Suffolk County High School
- Preference will be given to students who are transfers or non-traditional students
- Be interested in pursuing a career in insurance
- Preference will be given to a student who is seeking internship opportunities in the field of insurance
- Financial need may be a consideration but is not a necessary condition of the award
FRANK G. AND SALLY R. DOELGER GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- Be enrolled as a graduate student in the College of Business.
- Have at least 3 years of full-time work experience in the U.S.
- Have an academic background in social science, humanities, or education and community service.
- Preference given to U.S. citizen.
EMPIRE NATIONAL BANK SCHOLARSHIP
Founded in 2008, Empire National Bank is a full service community bank covering all of Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens for small and mid-size companies, and professional groups with outstanding online banking, cash management and depository products. It specializes in remote deposit capture, small business lending, small business banking and online banking. Empire National Bank is proud to fund a scholarship to advance the goals of a finance/banking education within the College of Business at Stony Brook University.
- Be enrolled in a full-time (minimum of 12 credits per semester) in the College of Business.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Preference will be given to students who are transfer or non-traditional students.
- Be interested in pursuing a career in Banking.
- While not a requirement, financial need may also be considered as a factor when selecting a recipient.
THOMAS R. SEXTON AWARD
Dr. Thomas R. Sexton is a professor of Operations Management and Decision Analytics with a specialization in Operations. His research on productivity and efficiency theory and analysis dates back to the early 1980’s. He has analyzed electricity transmission and distribution systems nationwide, hospitals in New York State, Veterans Affairs medical centers throughout the country, and nursing homes in New York State and Maine. Dr. Sexton helped to develop an efficiency-based funding formula for pupil transportation for the State of North Carolina. This work won Honorable Mention in the 1993 Franz Edelman International Prize Competition for the best application of operations/research/management science in industry or government. His generosity and passion for excellence in graduate education makes this award possible.
- Be an MBA student with at least 5 years of work experience.
- Be in final semester of study.
- Must receive a letter from a COB faculty member explaining why, in their opinion, you are deserving.
REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE SCHOLARSHIP
Award: $5,876.25 (two scholarships will be awarded)
- Be enrolled full time as an undergraduate student in the College of Business as defined by Stony Brook policy
- Demonstrate academic achievement of a GPA of 2.0+, as defined by Stony Brook policy
- Be a resident of New York State
- Preference shall be given to students who demonstrate financial need