Independent Insurance and Brokers of Suffolk County Scholarship
Academic Year 2021/22
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Established through the generosity of the Independent Insurance and Brokers of Suffolk County, this scholarship of $1,000 is intended to support and encourage students in the College of Business to pursue a career in the Insurance industry.
- Be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student (minimum 12 credits per semester) in the College of Business
- Be in good academic standing
- Be a resident of Suffolk County
- Be a graduate of a Suffolk County High School
- Preference will be given to students who are transfer students or non-traditional students
- Be interested in pursuing a career in insurance.
- Preference will be given to a student seeking internship opportunities in the field of insurance.
Interested candidates should use the link below to apply. You will need to answer the following questions:
- Have you participated in any extracurricular or educational opportunities related to your undergraduate studies? If so, please describe how you have been involved in these activities and how they have contributed to your career interests in insurance? Examples may include: research, internships, volunteering, professional development, study groups, student organizations, etc. (Short answer, approximately 250 words)
- Have you applied for any internships in the insurance field? If so, please provide details?
- How will this scholarship assist you in pursuing a career in the field of insurance? (Short answer, approximately 250 words)
- Please share any additional thoughts you have for the scholarship committee as to why you are the best applicant for this scholarship. (Short answer, approximately 250 words)
- You will also need to upload a PDF of your resume.
Application Deadline is October 15, 2021