Accessing Funding and Government Assistance
Small Business Development Center to assist the Long Island Community. Our faculty and SBDC partners will be working to deploy student volunteers to assist the Stony Brook SBDC office. SBDC business advisors will help companies through the abundance of resources available for various businesses/industries and to avoid the most common mistake of incomplete or inaccurate Economic Injury Disaster Assistance Loan application.
- Schedule online appointment with a business advisor here: http://nysbdc.org/appointment.html
Other Resources Include:
Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Small Business Guidance
& Loan Resources
SBA provides a number of loan resources for small businesses to utilize when operating their business. For more information on loans or how to connect with a lender, visit: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans.
- How to get access to lending partners? SBA has developed Lender Match, a free online referral tool that connects small businesses with participating SBA-approved lenders within 48 hours .
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Assistance & Loan Application ( https://www.sba.gov/disaster/apply-for-disaster-loan/index.html)
SBA Express Bridge Loans:
Express Bridge Loan Pilot Program allows small businesses who currently have a business
relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 with less paperwork.
These loans can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome
the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing and can be term loans or used
to bridge the gap while applying for a direct SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan. If
a small business has an urgent need for cash while waiting for decision and disbursement
on Economic Injury Disaster Loan, they may qualify for an SBA Express Disaster Bridge
- How to Apply for an SBA Disaster Relief Loan
- For everything you need to know about applying for a small business loan
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
Mentors offer free, personalized assistance to address the current crisis to help you adapt your business. Remote mentoring services are available via phone, email, video and chat. To find a mentor, go to https://www.score.org/find-mentor