SUNY Business Intelligence is a web-based application developed by SUNY Central that will replace SMRT and certain SUNY Legacy functions. It consists of multiple Financials dashboards.
To access SUNY BI, click here.
For VP Coordinators
- SUNY BI Security Request Form - VP Coordinators must complete the Employee Financial Systems REPORTING form if an employee in their area requires SUNY BI user access or updated security settings.
Basic Training for New Users
SUNY hosted a Webex on April 17th, 2020, which covered the dashboards and features listed below. Watch the full recording and check out the training Q&A for beginner user how-to information.
|Reference||Default Home/Start Page|
|Account Summary||Selections (begins with, contains, search, etc.)|
|Transaction Inquiry||Include/Exclude/Move Columns|
|Pivot Table Prompts/Sections|
Useful Links & Forms
- SUNY BI Overview - Provides an overview on how to access dashboards in the SUNY BI environment.
- SUNY BI Transaction Inquiry - The Transaction Inquiry dashboard provides data to replace what was formerly available via the SUNY Legacy SCAJ and PCAJ functions.
- SUNY BI Account Summary Payroll Data - Provides an overview on how to view payroll information via the Account Summary dashboard.
- Finance BI Training Documents and Procedures - Various training templates and videos made available by SUNY (formerly housed on the Employee Services Portal).
Helpful Hints & Tricks
- How to Use the Search Feature in SUNY BI
- What to do if Campus Name is Null in a BI-Finance Dashboard
- How to Use the Include and Exclude Column Feature
- Customization and Setting a Default Customization (display)
- Moving a Column from Table to Pivot Table Prompt or Sections
- Using Bins to Group Data in Analysis