Updates and News
2020/2021 Budget Preparation Cycle
PeopleSoft Sign-on Instructions for ALL Users
PeopleSoft version 9.0 is accessible from the web for ALL users. Sign-on information is below:
The URL to access PeopleSoft version 9.0 is:
To start the application, you should copy this URL, open Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, paste it in the Address bar of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, and Click Go.
From the PeopleSoft 9.0 sign-on screen, enter your CBM userid and password in all capitals and click Sign In.
If you have forgotten your PeopleSoft password, you should contact the Computer Accounts office either by calling 2-9800 or by submitting a trouble ticket using this URL:
When you contact Computer Accounts, identify your problem as a "PeopleSoft Admin. Password problem."
- When budgeting negative allocation, you MUST include a clarifying note in the OSE or OTPS Notes field. Since we don't copy notes forward from the prior model, it is important that you add notes to explain the negative entries in this year's model.
- Negative FTE related to OSE budgeted in State accounts (for employees that will be charged to other funds during the fiscal year) must be input in CBM. Your Form1 submission will not be accepted if you fail to budget the negative FTE amounts. [State Fund 10 accounts only]
In order to use the ‘Download to Excel’ feature in PeopleSoft 9.0, you will need to add https://psns.cc.stonybrook.edu to your trusted sites in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. (This only needs to be done once.) To do this:
- From Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on Open menu (icon with three bars in the upper right-hand corner)
- Click on Content
- Uncheck the Block pop-up windows box under the Pop-ups section
- From Google Chrome:
- Click on Customize and control Google Chrome (icon with three dots in the upper right-hand corner)
- Click on Settings
- Type 'Popups' in the search bar
- Select Content settings
- Select Popups
- Click on the cirular tab next to 'Blocked (recommended)' so that it moves to the right and turns blue. 'Blocked' will change to 'Allowed'.
- Once Pop-ups are disabled:
- Return to PeopleSoft 9.0 and select the 'Download to Excel' feature
- In the Windows Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome window, select Open with Microsoft Excel
- Click OK
The CBM online user manual can be accessed from any CBM page by clicking on this link: http://www.stonybrook.edu/budgetoffice/campmod/campmod.htm
If you zero the AF Compensation Rate and/or FTE for a split employee, you will receive a warning. This feature was added so that users are reminded to send email notification to the VP area coordinators who share their split employees.
The USB Change form is available from CBM. This form contains FTE, Compensation Rate, Salary Rate, and Job Earnings Distribution accounts and percentages from CBM. Users can print this form for AF employees and submit it for authorization before sending to HR.
You have the ability to “clone” a complete CBM Employee record (demographic, salary, and OSE data) into a new CBM employee record. All data from the existing employee, except for Emplid, SSN, Name, and Position, will be copied to the “clone”. A new ‘C’ Emplid will be automatically generated from CBM.
There are additional GL classes on the Account OSE and OTPS pages to help clarify budget items for Form1.
Printing Instructions Document
There is a document with CBM printing instructions on our website under Budget Development — Manual to familiarize you with the steps to follow to print your CBM reports:
This Budget Cycle’s Data
The “Proposed” fields in model 2021 will be pre-loaded with the following:
- For AF, a payroll snapshot taken 10/2/19.
- For RF, a payroll snapshot taken 9/27/19 from OASIS. Please carefully review these employee distribution records for accuracy.
- For ADP, a payroll snapshot taken 10/16/19.
- For SBF, a payroll snapshot taken 9/13/19.
- For PEO (CPMP management and staff), a payroll snapshot taken 10/17/19.
- Last year’s budgeted OTPS, Account OSE, and Revenue figures for all funds except State, IFR, and SUTRA.
- Account OSE and OTPS notes were copied from last year's model to the new models for all funds except State, IFR, and SUTRA.
The following employee records are not pre-loaded in CBM:
- Part time Adjunts - Jobcodes 0430 [Inst 10] and 0475 [Lect 10] with FTE <1.
- Teaching Assistants and Graduate Assistants and Student Assistants.
- Employees with Jobcode 1983 [Technical Assistant].
IFR cash balances were loaded as of 10/31/19 for West Campus, University Hospital, and SOM/HSC IFR accounts for models 2021, O2022, and T2023. IFR cash balances were loaded as of 6/30/19 for model C2020 for all accounts.
SBF cash balances were loaded as of 10/31/19 for West Campus, University Hospital, and SOM/HSC accounts for models 2021, O2022, and T2023. SBF cash balances were loaded as of 6/30/19 for model C2020 for all accounts.
The estimated IFR fringe rates have been loaded in CBM. IFR fringe rates may change in May when we get final figures from the Office of the State Comptroller. Please check your IFR accounts for negative balances if you are notified that the official IFR rates have been updated in CBM.
RF and SBF fringe percentages were updated for C2020, 2021, O2022, and T2023.
The current OASIS projects have been loaded into PeopleSoft. For IDC and CPMP, these Award-Project-Tasks have been converted to ‘431’ or ‘436’ account numbers.
- Contractual Salary Increases: CBM has been updated to automatically calculate estimated CSIs per employee record for all Appropriated Funds bargaining units. Via model setup, the Budget Office will load CSI increase percentages and/or amounts that are model and bargaining unit specific.
- CBM panels and reports have been updated to display 5 models; this allows comparison to 2 outyears.
- C2020 will be loaded with a copy of model 2020 (Stony Brook's Form1 submission).
- Contractual Salary Increases: For UUP employees, CBM was updated to include base salary increases by employee through 19/20 (2% each for 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, and 19/20).
- C2019 will be loaded with a copy of model 2019 (Stony Brook's Form1 submission).
- New Revenue GL Class created for IFR accounts: 519700 - SBF Revenue Account.
- With the PeopleSoft upgrade to Tools 8.55, it was necessary to revise the reporting process to access a secure Crystal reports server. REPORTS SHOULD NOT BE RUN IN INTERNET EXPLORER. New printing documentation is available on the Budget Office website: https://www.stonybrook.edu/budgetoffice/campmod/campmod.htm
- For State,IFR, and SUTRA accounts, the following will not be copied forward to new
models as of 2019 (18/19 budget):
- Account OSE will be set to 0 in new models.
- OTPS will be set to 0 in new models.
- IFR Revenue will be set to 0 in new models.
- Account and IFR notes will not be copied forward to new models.
- C2018 is a copy of model 2018 (Stony Brook's Form1 submission) which is opened for update as of 10/11/17.
- SBF Pledge data will no longer be loaded in CBM.
- CBM has been updated to only allow negatives to be budgeted on specific GL Classes as of model 2019.
- Employees paid from account 42011600 with Jobcode 3254 [Instructional Support Assistant] or Jobcode 1586 [Laborer] will no longer be excluded from the CBM dataload.
- There are new pages in CBM in which you can see a comparison of your budgeted amounts and actual expenditures for the past 3 fiscal years. See "Budget to Actuals" on the Main Menu.
- A new group of employees was loaded in CPMP accounts: Professional Employment Organization (PEO) employees are neither State nor RF. They are new management and staff hires in the clinical practices with different benefits than State or RF employees.
- PeopleSoft was updated so that student and employee data reside in separate databases. CBM, which is now part of the employee database (HCM), has the same look and functionality as in the past. Bookmarks and favorites should be updated to point to the new URL shown above. From Process Monitor, Report Manager and Query, choose the (HCM) item from the menu.
- Employees paid from Account 42011600 with Jobcode 3254 - Instructional Support Assn and Jobcode 1586 - Laborer are no longer pre-loaded during the dataload process.
- There is a new GL Class for budgeting sources of revenue: 502901 JT Credit Revenue.
- Report 14 AF Account Notes has been updated to include versions with and without employees notes and versions that show all accounts or accounts with notes only. [AFaccounts only]
- Report 08 Hospital VP Summary has been updated to include Fund 10 accounts. [Hospital]
- New panels were created to budget Stony Brook Foundation accounts for the Restricted (Fund 63), Unrestricted (Fund 64), Agency (Fund 65), and Grant (Fund 69) funds.
- CPMP overhead assessment categories for Interdepartmental Pool and Special Projects replaced the Board Fund. [SOM, HSC]
- IFR Proposed Changes Notes were copied forward from last year’s model.
- GL Class 812601 and GL Class 828201 (Storehouse Recharge) are no longer valid . If you budgeted any OTPS on either GL Class in model 2013, you must zero it out for model 2014. Form1 cannot be submitted if there is any budgeted amount on Storehouse Recharge. [Appropriated Fund accounts]
- For SUTRA Summer and Winter accounts, Fringe is calculated on Revenue, not Expenses. All previous CBM models have been revised to reflect this change.
- The Hospital FTE page for inputting FTE in aggregate by account has been updated to include Per Diem (TS_PDM) in addition to Overtime (PS_OVT) and Purch Serv – Manpower/Agency (813061). [Hospital Fund 40 accounts only]
- Employee by Distribution (Report 04) has been updated to display Emplid.
- There is a new report to display accounts in the Stony Brook Account Master (SBAM) table. (16 SBAM-Account Master Report)
- There is a new report to display the notes related to your accounts. (14 Account Notes Report)
- There is a new Hospital FTE page for inputting FTE for Overtime (PS_OVT) and Purch Serv – Manpower/Agency (813061) in aggregate by account for Hospital Fund 40 accounts only.
- There is a new Jobcode 0953 to input Vacancy Accrual FTE and Salary for Regular Employees. This Jobcode will not generate Location, Shift, Geographic, or Inconvenience Pay.
- Position Number on the Employee Details page is now an updateable field.
- There is a new CPMP UH revenue page for inputting detail data for UH Part A (520021) and UH Part B (522041).
- Employees with Jobcode 1983 are no longer pre-loaded in CBM during the dataload process.
- Hospital employees paid from Fund 40 accounts with Jobcodes that are classified as Clinical positions by HR are pre-loaded into CBM with Variable Expense Type during the dataload process.
- Adjunct salaries (Jobcodes 0430 [Inst 10] and 0475 [Lect 10] with FTE < 1) are no longer pre-loaded in CBM during the dataload process. Expenses for these employees should be budgeted in aggregate on the employee pages using Jobcode 1136 – Adj Lect. CBM has been programmed to omit the calculation of UUP location pay when this Jobcode is selected.
- Teaching Assistant and Graduate Assistant salaries are no longer loaded as individual employee records. TA/GA expenses will be budgeted in aggregate by account as Student Assistants are budgeted. What you budget for TA/GA this year will be copied forward to next year’s models.
- Account OSE and OTPS notes are copied from last year’s model to the new models.
New accounts that are created through the Accounting Office are programmatically added to CBM every Friday and available in CBM on Monday mornings. When budgeting negative allocation, you MUST include a clarifying note in the OSE or OTPS notes field. If your note is not clear, your budget entry will be rejected!! The budgeted figures in negative and positive interchange accounts must match by object. If you budget any negative OSE in your State accounts for employees whose salary expenses you plan on charging to other funds during the year (i.e. summer session, IFR accounts, Member Items, etc.), you must decrease your State account FTE accordingly. To do this, budget an employee record in the State account with negative FTE with zero dollars. The net budgeted instructional and non-instructional FTE's in every State account should reflect the actual portions of their salaries which will be charged to them in the budgeted fiscal year. As with all negative entries, make sure to include an explanatory note.