Things to Do in the Community
Stony Brook and the surrounding areas offer hundreds of opportunities for shopping, dining and entertainment.
New for Fall 2019- Extended Hours! Free transportation from Stony Brook University to the Port Jefferson Village Center. Available from September 5 , 2019 - November 10, 2019.
- Thursdays, 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Fridays, 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Saturdays, 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Sundays, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Student Activities Center Loop
- Chemistry Loop
- Chapin Apartments Bus Stop
- Port Jefferson Train Station
- Port Jefferson Arden
- Wild by Nature Market
The last pick-up on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays will be at 10pm at the Student Activities Center Loop.
Things to Do
Beyond the Brook: This SBU Student Affairs site provides students with all the information needed to explore what Long Island and New York City has to offer socially, culturally, and recreationally. Visit this site for information on:
Town of Brookhaven Parks and Recreation
At the Brookhaven Parks and Recreation site, you can explore swimming, hiking, tennis and more.
The Religious Directory lists local places of worship near the Stony Brook University campus.
Smith Haven Mall
Smith Haven Mall is located just a few minutes from the Stony Brook campus and is accessible by local bus.
Roosevelt Field is located in Nassau County.
Tanger Outlets have two locations in Suffolk County, in Riverhead and Deer Park.
Walt Whitman Mall
The Walt Whitman Mall is located on Route 110 in Huntington, NY, about 40 minutes west of Stony Brook.
Destination Accessible gives accessibility information of leisure locations for people with mobility challenges.
Wolfie Wallet Partners
Some merchants may offer a 10% discount when you use Wolfie Wallet.
Find your perfect beach right here on Long Island.
1. Fire Island National Seashore in Patchogue
2. Jones Beach State Park in Wantagh
3. Robert Moses State Park in Babylon
4. Tiana Beach in Hampton Bays
5. Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk in Brooklyn
6. Cupsogue Beach in Westhampton Beach
7. Coopers Beach in Southampton
8. Hither Hills State Park in Montauk