Now Open - Amazon Pickup Location
November 3, 2016 -
Amazon@StonyBrook is now open. Located in the Frank Melville Jr. Library, Amazon@StonyBrook is a fully staffed pickup location where students and the campus community can conveniently get their textbooks, and other college essentials, ordered through Amazon.
Stony Brook University is the first college campus in New York state, and one of only 15 colleges in the United States, to offer an Amazon pickup location.
Amazon@StonyBrook benefits include:
- All Stony Brook students and faculty receive Free One-Day Shipping on required textbooks & course materials sold by Amazon or Fulfilled by Amazon when shipped to the Amazon pickup location, or campus-area zip codes.
- Need something for class tomorrow? Lost your favorite headphones and need a replacement fast? Amazon Prime Student and Prime members get Free One-Day Pickup on millions of items when shipping to the Amazon@StonyBrook location. Order by 11p.m. and pick up the next day.
The Amazon pickup location provides students a secure spot to pick up their items in-between busy class schedules.
Here's how Amazon@StonyBrook works:
- All students, faculty and staff at Stony Brook University can activate their Free One-Day benefits by visiting stonybrooku.amazon.com to personalize their Amazon shopping experience and add the new Amazon@StonyBrook pickup location to their address book.
- Once activated, students will be able to easily identify textbooks needed for class by looking for the Stony Brook University shield logo and class information next to the textbook in search results or on the textbook product page. Amazon worked with the university to integrate relevant course and section information into the Amazon product pages.
- When purchasing items on Amazon.com, students can choose Amazon@StonyBrook as their shipping address at checkout.
- When orders arrive, students will receive an email or text notification. When they're ready to pick up their order, students click on the link provided in the email or text. This link will generate a barcode.
- After arriving at Amazon@StonyBrook, the student will scan the barcode and pick up the order at one of the self-service lockers or go to the pickup desk where an associate can provide assistance.
Students can also purchase almost any item that is sold by Amazon or Fulfilled by Amazon and ship to the Amazon@StonyBrook location.
Location: Amazon@StonyBrook is located in the Frank Melville Jr. Library, Room E0319
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday noon - 6:00 p.m.
Phone: (631) 456-0953