Course Management System :All Bio-Online Courses use the web-based Blackboard Course Management System. To ensure that your computer is equipped with supported browsers and add-ons (such as Java, etc), see:
Echo 360 Video Lectures : Two of our Undergraduate courses (BIO 201 and 202) use the ECHO 360 system to give you access to video lecture content from our faculty. Together with the required course written textbook, these lectures will provide you with complete access to all course content. Lectures are accessible on your computer or other remote devices. Technical Requirements:
- o For a PC: Windows, Mac or Linux OS, Flash Player capable browser with latest version of Flash Player installed.
- o For an iOS device: iOS4 or iOS5.
- o For an Android Device: Android 2.1 or higher.
One of our Undergraduate courses (BIO358) and our Graduate courses (CEB553 and BIO558) require a digital textbook subscription from Streaming Tutors, Inc. combining high quality faculty videos produced in Stony Brook University’s TV Studio, by Dini Zimmerma n, with professional animations, interactive questions, and other pictures and study questions. Together with the written course textbook (available in hard copy or Kindle), you will be taken on an intellectual journey through what it means to be human.
- Operating System (any)
- Browser - any popular browser that is current: however, Firefox (recommended) http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
- Adobe Flash http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Adobe Shockwave http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
- Either: Microsoft PowerPoint software
- Or: Microsoft PowerPoint viewer
- Either: Adobe Acrobat software
- Or: Adobe Acrobat Reader http://get.adobe.com/reader/