Upcoming Events and News
* Breaking News! AAAS has launched its Twitter and Instagram pages! We want to share useful information with you through the platforms you are familiar with and connect you to the exciting things that are happening on and off campus! Please follow us and share the news!
CURRENT FALL 2022 NEWS & EVENTS!
* JET PROGRAM INFORMATION SESSION, Wednesday, October 12, 2022 @ 1:00 pm.
* OPEN HOUSE: October 19, 2022 at 1:00 pm in HUMANITIES 1003. Meet our faculty to learn about our major and minor programs, and your peers to hear about their experience with us!
* CKS presents: November 2, 2022 @ 2:40 pm - CKS Colloquium Series: A Talk by Mr. Jonathan Corrado
* Our Japanese language adjunct, Hiroko Matsuzaki won the Harvard-Yenching Institute Cross-national Interdisciplinary Research Grant for her collaborative project with Kevin Chang from Academia Sinica (Taiwan) titled "The Local and the World: Comparative Studies of Taiwanese Academics and Writers Before, During and After World War II."
IN OTHER NEWS:
* Martin Kordas won the Special Award for the 17th Japan Center Essay Competition sponsored by Canon USA
* Prof. Ruf talks about his experience when he was a student: "Sweet & Sour Work: The Pains and Gains of Studying China" for 2022 CAS Preview Day. (Description: Sociocultural anthropologist Greg Ruf discusses the challenges and rewards on offer for American students interested in pursuing the study of Chinese culture, language, and history. Join the conversation as this SUNY graduate from Upstate New York reflects on the personal growth and professional development opportunities leading to a meaningful and engaging career – either within or beyond one’s undergraduate academic major.)
* Agnes He was elected to the American Association of Applied Linguistics (AAAL) Executive Board. She will be begin to serve as secretary to AAAL in March 2022.
* Testimonials from our graduates!
* Taiko Tides makes history bringing regional conference to Stony Book!
* Chris Saunders '17 was selected to be an ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) for the JET (Japan Exchange Teaching) program.
PAST SPRING NEWS/EVENTS 2022:
A Virtual Creative Workshop, Topic : Intersectional Justice. Guest Speaker: Dr. Sandra So Hee Chi Kim speaks about intersectional justice from her perspective as an educator, researcher, and community organizer. Her journey has been a movement from critical inquiry, formal research, and teaching in academia to the integration of these processes into grassroots racial justice education and community-building. She offers a reflection on intersectional justice, micro-revolutions, and living liberation now even as we fight for a more just future for all. September 9, 2022 - 6:00-7:00 pm via zoom.
FREE THREE-PART ONLINE WORKSHOP SERIES WITH Dr. Sandra So Hee Chi Kim:
*These three sessions are required to be eligible for the Formations community leadership development program that begins in October. Applications will open in late September. Registration links and more information.
MIC Workshop - April 29, 2022, 1:00-2:30 pm EST on Zoom- Language learning in study abroad: The intersectionality of class, gender and ethnicity. Please regsiter!
* Giving Day Fundraiser - April 27, 2022
* 2022 Student Research Symposium- Wednesday, April 27th at 12:00 pm.
* Please join us on Wednesday, March 30, 2022 for our OPEN HOUSE 2022
* CKS - March 24, 2022 (TH) @ 8:00 pm: Professional Development Seminar III
*MIC - March 3, 2022 (TH) @ 5:00 pm on zoom. Distinguished Lecture Series: Assessing Intercultural Capability in Language Learning by Dr. Angela Scarino, Please register.
* CKS - March 3, 2022 (TH) @ 8:00 pm: Professional Development Seminar II
* CKS - Feb. 16 , 2022 (W) @ 1:00 pm: Info Session for Major in Korean Language Edu & 2022 Summer Study Abroad to Korea
* MIC Workshop Series On Language and Social Justice: Language Diversity Initiatives in Higher Education, Friday, February 11, 2022 at 2:30 pm on Zoom. Please register.
* CKS - Feb. 3, 2022 (TH) @ 1:30pm at Zuccaire Gallery: Opening of the exhibition Visual Citations and Techniques in Tricontinential Graphics (co-sponsored event)
SELECTED PAST NEWS & EVENTS