Student Assistant - Federal Work Study
Academic and Transfer Advising Services (ATAS) front desk position typical responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Front desk coverage to assist students and visitors to ATAS, direct students and visitors
to the appropriate office and sign-in students for advising appointments.
- Answer, screen, and direct calls in a professional manner.
- Assist with on-campus student events and projects as needed.
- Assist students with search options at the ATAS Solar Station.
- Other clerical duties, including but not limited to filing, photocopying, and on-campus
- This is not a remote student assistant position.
How to apply
Please check Handshake for available postings for non-federal and/or federal work
Academic & Transfer Advising Services Internship
Are you looking to impact student success, gain leadership skills, and learn about
Academic and Transfer Advising Services? Click below to learn more about the full
year internship that earns you EXP+ and upper division credit!
posted 9/18/19 | expires
ADV 101 Teaching Assistant
Do you have at least a 2.8 GPA? Have you earned or have in progress at least 36 credits?
We are looking for caring and friendly students to become ADV 101 Teaching Assistants
for the Fall 2021semester. Here’s why you should apply:
- Gain experience in student support, leadership, teaching, public speaking and more!
- Serve as a role model for your peers.
- Earn 1 upper division credit through enrollment in ADV 475.
- Satisfy the EXP+ (Stony Brook Curriculum).
How to apply
If you are interested, please click
here to complete the application form. (You must use your stonybrook email account to
lease note: if you are selected to serve as a TA, your assigned Fall 2021 ADV 101
section will not be finalized until August 2021. Thank you for your interest!
If you have questions please email