Skip Navigation

Welcome to Stony Brook University!

In order to have your credits from other schools transferred to Stony Brook University, you must first pay your tuition deposit on SOLAR, and then follow the steps below:

Step 1: Check the drop-down link below to see if your school is on the list.

Please click here to open/close
Adirondack Community College
Alfred State College
Baruch College
Binghamton University
Borough of Manhattan Community College
Bronx Community College
Brooklyn College
Broome Community College
Buffalo State College
Cayuga Community College
City College of New York
College of Agriculture & Technology at Cobleskill
College of Staten Island
College of Technology at Delhi
Dutchess Community College
Farmingdale State College
Fashion Institute of Technology
Genesse Community College
Stella & Charles Guttman Community College
Herkimer County Community College
Hostos Community College
Hudson Valley Community College
Hunter College
Jamestown Community College
Jefferson Community College
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Kingsborough Community College
LaGuardia Community College
Lehman College
Medgar Evers College
Mohawk Valley Community College
Monroe Community College
Morrisville State College
Nassau Community College
New York City College of Technology
New York Institute of Technology
Niagara County Community College
Orange County Community College
Queens College
Queensborough Community College
Rockland Community College
Schenectady County Community College
St. Joseph's College
Suffolk County Community College
SUNY College at Cortland
SUNY College at Fredonia
SUNY College at Geneseo
SUNY College at New Paltz
SUNY College at Old Westbury
SUNY College at Oneonta
SUNY College at Oswego
SUNY College at Plattsburgh
SUNY College at Potsdam
SUNY College at Purchase
SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry
The College at Brockport
Tompkins-Cortland Community College
Ulster County Community College
University at Albany
University at Buffalo
Westchester Community College
York College

If your school is on the list, proceed to Step 2.

If your school is not yet on the list, our Transfer Advisors will manually evaluate all of your courses.  You will receive an evaluation on your Orientation Day. 

Step 2: You must enter your transfer courses into SOLAR. Please follow the directions below to complete this process.

First, logon on to SOLAR. You will need your SB ID and password. Under Student Records & Registration, click on Transfer Credit Evaluation

trans coursework

Click on Evaluate My Transfer Credit.



stars site 

The Major that you have been admitted to will be displayed here, click Next to continue.

stars site

Select the state where you attended school.  A Drop-down menu will appear.  Select your school and hit next.

stars site

stars site

Have a copy of your College transcript(s)in front of you.

  • Enter each course in SEMESTER ORDER (starting with your first term of enrollment) EXACTLY as it appears on your transcript regardless of the grade earned. Enter the full 4-digit year, (i.e., 2004).
  • Select or input the subject (i.e., HIS) and course number (i.e., 101) EXACTLY as it appears on your transcript.
  • Enter all in progress courses using "IP" as the grade.
  • To add additional courses, click the "Add Another Class" button.
  • CAREFULLY review the information you entered to make sure it matches EXACTLY as it appears on your transcript.


stars site



Please note: If a course comes up "Invalid", this means the course is not in our database yet.  Please delete that row and continue on.  The Transfer staff will add the course for you.


When you are completely finished, click the "Save" button. NOTE: once you hit "Save", you cannot go back to add, change, or update your coursework.





Please note:  If a course comes up "No Rule", our Transfer staff will evaluate this course prior to Orientation.


Clicking on "View Transfer Equivalency Details" (above) will bring you to the details screen:

 stars site

If you have any questions please contact us at

Login to Edit