Skip Navigation

SUNY Appeal Process

If you do not agree with the decision of Academic and Transfer Advising Services or the relevant academic department or college on the granting or placement of credit that you previously earned in an associate degree program at a SUNY institution, you have the right to appeal this decision to the Vice-Provost for Undergraduate Education.

The Vice-Provost will need the following information from you:

  • A completed Campus Appeal Form
  • A detailed letter in support of your appeal
  • A copy of your Transfer Course Evaluation Form
  • A syllabus of the course that is in dispute
  • A description of the course for which you would like credit

Once all this information is received, the Vice-Provost will provide you with a written response within 15 business days. If the Vice-Provost disagrees with the previous decision, all relevant parties will be notified and your student record will be changed as warranted.

If the Vice-Provost agrees with the previous decision, or if you have not received a response within 15 business days, you may appeal to the SUNY System Provost by submitting the Student Transfer Appeal Form and accompanying material directly to the SUNY Provost.

The SUNY Provost will respond to your appeal within five business days from receipt of the completed appeal. If the decision is favorable, the SUNY institution in question will be notified and asked to take appropriate action.

Login to Edit