The ASTC is not currently hiring any additional tutors for the spring 2018 semester. We will keep accepting new applications on a rolling basis and hold them for consideration for the fall 2018 semester.
Tutors help peers to succeed academically. They conduct tutoring sessions to clarify course content and provide study strategies. They are selected on the basis of academic skill, character, and the ability to communicate well with others.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at Stony Brook University
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.20
- Must have attained a B+ or better in the course at Stony Brook
- Must be in good standing: No judicial or academic dishonesty charges
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills and a desire to assist fellow students
- Must provide a brief recommendation from the course instructor for each course that the student wishes to tutor
Approximate # of Hours: Varies
Fall 2017 Starting Hourly Wage: $12.50
Application Deadline: Rolling basis.
How to Apply: See our "Become a Tutor" page for application details