What is Inclusive Teaching?
Inclusive Teaching emcompasses the " educational importance of imbuing all students with a sense of belonging in the classroom and curriculum" (Sanger, 2020, abstract).
Sanger, C. S. (2020). Inclusive Pedagogy and Universal Design Approaches for Diverse Learning Environments. In C. S. Sanger & N. W. Gleason (Eds.), Diversity and Inclusion in Global Higher Education: Lessons from Across Asia (pp. 31–71). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1628-3_2
- Focus on excellent teaching through collaboration with faculty
- Create a space for cross-disciplinary conversations about excellent teaching
- Inclusive teaching is excellent teaching
CELT Conversations on Inclusive Pedagogy: 2020-2021 Panel Discussions:
- Syllabus reboot: Addressing inequality and racism through the teaching practice (8/10/20): Resources | Recording
- Inclusive teaching and learning: Centering the student experience (9/21/20): Resources | Recording
- Foundations of critical pedagogy (10/21/20): LibGuide | Recording
- Non-traditional Students, the New Majority (10/29/20): LibGuide | Recording
- Antiracist Pedagogy in Action (2/22/21): LibGuide | Recording
- A Case Study in Organizational Change: SB School of Health Technology Management Addresses DEI (3/16/21): LibGuide | Recording
Inclusive Teaching and Supporting International Students (4/29/21 at 1pm): Register
Creating an inclusive syllabus and syllabus statements:
- Creating an Inclusive Syllabus
- Diversity and Inclusion Syllabus Statements
- Inclusion by Design: Survey Your Syllabus and Course Design
If you need additional support:
- Email us to schedule a consultation with an Instructional Designer
- Join us for an upcoming workshop or Online Teaching Certificate course!
Last updated: 2/23/21