What is Inclusive Teaching?
Inclusive Teaching emcompasses the " educational importance of imbuing all students with a sense of belonging in the classroom and curriculum" (Sanger, 2020, abstract).
Sanger, C. S. (2020). Inclusive Pedagogy and Universal Design Approaches for Diverse Learning Environments. In C. S. Sanger & N. W. Gleason (Eds.), Diversity and Inclusion in Global Higher Education: Lessons from Across Asia (pp. 31–71). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1628-3_2
- Focus on excellent teaching through collaboration with faculty
- Create a space for cross-disciplinary conversations about excellent teaching
- Inclusive teaching is excellent teaching
Creating an inclusive syllabus and syllabus statements:
- Creating an Inclusive Syllabus
- Diversity and Inclusion Syllabus Statements
- Inclusion by Design: Survey Your Syllabus and Course Design
If you need additional support:
- Email us to schedule a consultation with an Instructional Designer
- Join us for an upcoming workshop or Online Teaching Certificate course!
Last updated: 5/6/21