D-TECH Funding Initiative
Departmental Technology Funds to Support Learning and Engagement
The Division of Information Technology has instituted an annual initiative* designed to provide needed technologies to departments, offices, programs, and units. Departments may apply for D-TECH funds for technology or software in support of students for program areas, departments, labs, or student support offices. Project proposals must indicate how the technology will improve student learning, engagement, retention, or otherwise improve student outcomes through the use of technology.
As a supplement to the campus-wide technology initiatives that support teaching and learning for all students, the Stony Brook D-TECH funding allows colleges, schools, departments, programs, or offices to apply for one-time funding to purchase technology hardware or software that supports students in their programs.
Eligibility and Requirements :
- To ensure technology purchases are consistent with supported campus technology standards, a list of equipment options are provided.
- New software, hardware, and/or one-time subscriptions or licenses may be purchased on these one-time funds but annual license or maintenance renewals will be the responsibility of the purchasing unit.
- Installation and continuing support will be the responsibility of the purchasing unit.
- Funds are not for development or delivery of course content.
- Technology primarily for research, or reimbursement of technology already purchased with other funding will not be considered.
- Technology primarily for faculty or staff workstations will not be considered.
- Software requests will be reviewed to avoid duplication of existing University-supported technologies.
- Software or technology services may require information security and ADA compliance review prior to purchase (additional information will be provided if applicable).
- Requests will generally be limited to approximately $5,000 per award, however all proposals will be considered.
* Dependent on available funding
Complete the application form HERE
Applications will be reviewed through May 1st, however those received by April 1, 2019 will receive priority consideration.
CLICK HERE for this years D-Tech Funding Initiative Report
Questions? Please contact CELT@stonybrook.edu or 631-632-CELT (2358)