Start of the Semester Checklist: Top Ten Blackboard Tips!
Every course at Stony Brook has a Blackboard course and your students are automatically added (and removed if they drop) for you.
By default, your course is available. If you do not wish to use Blackboard this semester, please make your course unavailable and let your students know that you so that they do not think something is wrong with their Blackboard account.
If you would like to use Blackboard please:
- Add content (including your Syllabus).
- Add your TA to your class.
- Create an Announcement to greet your students. *** Students can receive your announcement by email but cannot reply directly to it.
- Make sure your students know about the Blackboard Mobile App
- Merge your sections together if you are teaching a cross listed course.
- Set up your Grade Center early so that your students keep on track and save yourself time at the end of the semester
- You can copy your Blackboard course information from a previous semester.
- Make sure you remove any old content from your new Blackboard site.
- Manage your deadlines and dates with Date Management.
- You can use Student Preview to view your course from a Student perspective.
- Every Blackboard Course has a built in Zoom room