Become a Confident Leader
Today’s ever-changing, uncertain business environment and hybrid workplace have placed
complex demands on our leaders. When you are a first-time manager, a new manager on
a team, or a newer manager that needs support or a refresher, the demands may seem
even more challenging.
Now more than ever, developing our leaders is important. Yet 85% of managers say they
receive no training. Essentials for Emerging Leaders was developed to prepare emerging leaders for the challenges they face daily. This
program will set them up for success by developing the confidence, mind, and skill
set needed to become an effective manager, develop a strong team, and deliver great
results for your organization. Through a combination of four half-day virtual workshops,
collaboration, between-session work, and practical application this workshop will
focus on four development areas: developing the self, developing the team, developing a great work environment and
developing strong management practices.
Who Should Attend
This program is suitable for anyone who aspires to be an effective leader, including:
- Managers and supervisors
- Team leaders and department heads
- Project management professionals
What you will learn
In this live, interactive, instructor-led course, you will learn by doing. Upon completion,
you will be able to:
- Leverage the fundamentals of effective communication.
- Increase your productivity with time management and priority setting tools.
- Build effective teams through improved hiring decisions and feedback rich environments.
- Develop an engaged workforce through trust and motivation.
- Use strategies and a four-step tool to resolve conflict productively.
- Learn to delegate effectively and increase accountability.
- Create a personalized S.M.A.R.T. action plan.
Essentials for Emerging Leaders
Dates: September 21, 28, October 12 & 19, 2023
Time: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Online Via Zoom
Workshop Cost: $599
SBU alumni and veterans should contact email@example.com for 10% discount code. Discounts are not stackable.