Virtual Career Chats
A virtual career chat is a 60-minute small-group discussion designed to help you focus, brainstorm possible ideas, and develop a plan of action. Let us help you organize your career thoughts and plan for your next career experience. Career coaches facilitate weekly career conversations, provide opportunities for peer to peer career learning, and offer practical takeaways you can apply right away.
Common career questions asked:
- How do I search for a virtual job/internship during the pandemic?
- How do I create a career development plan?
- How can you help me with goal setting?
- What's the connection between major and career?
- What are employers looking for?
- How do I learn about my values, interests, skills, personality and strengths?
- How do I learn about careers and companies?
- I'm thinking of going to graduate school, how should I plan?
- I need to learn how to better articulate my skills in an interview, what should I do?
How to Join a Virtual Chat:
- Logging into Handshake and clicking on Events on the top menu bar
- Click Event Search on the top menu bar
- Search by Keyword: Chat
- Select the Career Community or Affinity Group you are looking for
- Connection instructions will be provided in the event description box