The Founders Alumni Group
Stony Brook University's first alumni, the Classes of 1961-1966, shared the unique experience of attending a small, quality institution during its formative years. Each of these classes has its place in the history of the University:
- 1961: First graduates from SUNY Long Island Center, originally called the "College on Long Island." The name was changed in 1961.
- 1962: Last seniors at Oyster Bay and last graduates of SUNY Long Island Center.
- 1963: First seniors at SUNY at Stony Brook, last graduation ceremony at Oyster Bay.
- 1964: First graduation ceremony on the Stony Brook campus.
- 1965: First sophomores at Stony Brook, last freshmen at Oyster Bay.
- 1966: First class to complete a four-year Stony Brook experience.
NewsRead More News
Explore All Chapters & Groups
- New England - Boston Alumni Chapter
- NYC Alumni Chapter
- New Jersey Alumni Chapter
- Northern California Alumni Chapter
- Washington, DC Alumni Chapter
- The Spirit of Stony Brook Alumni Group
- College of Business MBA Alumni Network
- Alumni Networking
- Black & Latino Alumni Network
- RSOM - Dr. Aldustus E. Jordan Black and Latinx Students and Alumni Network
- South Asian Alumni Network
- The Founders Alumni Group
- LGBTQ Alumni Group
- Student Ambassador Alumni Network
- Public Policy Alumni Network
- Renaissance School of Medicine
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Social Welfare
- School of Nursing
- School of Health Technology Management