Meet Alumni When You Travel
The Stony Brook faculty “Great Minds” series is designed to engage more faculty members
with our alumni worldwide. “Great Minds” is intended to provide maximum flexibility
for faculty, and facilitates casual small group discussions with alumni of all academic
and professional backgrounds.
During the program, faculty are asked to talk about their work and Stony Brook today,
and help re-engage our alumni with their alma mater. We invite faculty members to
connect with alumni during your business travel to conferences, academic or corporate
presentations, or while on sabbatical.
Stony Brook alumni live in just about every corner of the globe and are very interested
in connecting with faculty and students. If you are willing to meet with our alumni,
we are looking to partner with you!
How to participate:
- At least three weeks notice before your travel date,
- a time when you are available to meet with alumni, and
- the most convenient location for you to meet with alumni.
For example: you are attending a conference in Dallas, Texas on August 1-3 and you have time between
3 pm and 5 pm at the Dallas Hotel to meet with alumni for coffee.
- If you are presenting at a conference, we would like to know more about your presentation
so we can inform alumni about your work.
- We can also invite alumni to your existing presentations if they are open to the public.
For example, there may be an existing lecture you are giving at another university
that you could invite alumni in the region to attend.
Contact us to discuss your travel plans!