Use the visual language of film to tell a story. Examine the art of the screenplay in our five-day residential program.
We offer intensive writing workshops, limited to ten participants. Whether your primary goal is to develop an idea, create an outline or revise an existing screenplay, our workshops cover all aspects of craft.
Our faculty of professional screenwriters is drawn from the most distinguished film programs in the U.S. as well as from the rich pool of talent in New York and the Hamptons.
This year’s workshop faculty includes:
• Andrew Bienen, screenwriter, Boys Don’t Cry
• Christina Lazaridi, screenwriter, Academy Award nominee, One Day Crossing
• Frank Pugliese, playwright and screenwriter, Aven’U Boys
• Paula Brancato, award-winning filmmaker, screenwriter and poet (National Screenwriters Award, Faulkner Award, Poetry Guild Award)
• Stephen Molton, author, screenwriter, painter, professor and film executive. L.A. HOMEFRONT: The Fires Within
Writing workshops meet for three hours each morning.
Afternoons offer elective classes on such topics as: Acting For Writers, Character: What Lies Beneath, The Writer’s Toolbox: Three Tools to Outline Your Screenplay Quickly, Directing for Writers, Rewriting: You Can Do It On the Page or in the Editing Room.
Evenings provide guests lecturers. Past guests have included: Kenneth Lonergan (You Can Count On Me), Robert Benton (Bonnie and Clyde), Peter Hedges (What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, About a Boy) and Alexander Payne (Sideways, About Schmidt). We expect a distinguished guest to join us this summer.
NEW this summer:
Digital Film Production Workshop offered by DGA and Emmy Award winning writer/producer Mitchell Kriegman. An immersive, filmmaking experience. LEARN MORE