Participants get published in URECA Collected Abstracts!
Sigma Xi - URECA Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award
Sigma Xi is the national science research honors society. The Stony Brook Chapter of Sigma
Xi is offering the first ever Sigma Xi- URECA Outstanding Undergraduate Research award,
which will come with a $500 cash prize.
• Must be a graduating senior May/August/December 2014
• Must have conducted significant research in the physical and/or life sciences, or
engineering fields while a student at Stony Brook University
Application Materials (deadline:
March 31, APril 9, 2014):
• Documentation of outstanding research performance. Outstanding research
performance is generally defined by having published a paper, having made
a significant presentation at an outside conference, and/or through important
contributions to a Stony Brook research group. We expect to receive independent
evidence that the applicant has accomplished these activities. Documentation can
be submitted in person to the URECA office (Melville Library N3005) or by e-mail to
Karen Kernan email@example.com (URECA coordinator) or David Tonjes
firstname.lastname@example.org (President, Stony Brook chapter of Sigma Xi)
• Initial screening will be made by evaluating the submitted abstract and research
• A select group of students will be assessed by members of the Stony Brook Sigma Xi
chapter on their poster presentation at the URECA poster event, April 30, 2014. The
winner will be notified within one week. All applicants will be notified of their status - and selected finalists will be notified as to what time the Sigma Xi panel will interview them at the poster symposium on April 30.
Application Materials >> click here
Note: Applications will not be complete unless supporting documentation is provided of outstanding research performance by
March 31 April 9.