1. Complete the online Common Application (including our $50 application fee) by January 15. Applicants who submit the SUNY Application (instead of the Common Application) should review the special instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Apply for honors programs within Stony Brook's Member Questions section of The Common Application.
- Submit an essay on any of The Common Application's accepted topics in the Writing section (up to 650 words).
- Scholars for Medicine, Scholars for Dental Medicine and Engineering Scholars for Medicine applicants are required to submit an additional essay within our Common Application Writing Supplement on the topic: "What aspects about medicine (or dental medicine) intrigue you? Describe how these aspects influence your life" (up to 650 words).
2. Send all additional application materials by February 1:
- Stony Brook offers applicants three options for submitting their high school record:
1. Ask your high school to submit your transcript electronically through The Common Application's School Forms System.
2. Self-report your academic record using SOAR »
3. Ask your high school to fax or mail us your official high school transcript, along with the Transmittal Form.
- Have the testing agency send us your SAT or ACT scores electronically (College Board code is 2548; ACT code is 2952). Those taking the ACT are required to submit scores that include the optional ACT
- Send two Teacher Evaluations. Electronic submission through The Common Application's School Forms System is preferred. Paper recommendations must be faxed to (631) 632-9898.
WISE applicants: at least one evaluation should be from a science or math teacher.
Please fax all paper documents to: (631) 632-9898. Credentials faxed directly from the high school do not need to be mailed in hard copy. If items cannot be faxed, please send them to:
Stony Brook University
UG Processing - Honors Programs
Albany, NY 12204-2755
Please be sure to include your full name, date of birth, and home address on all correspondence. It is each applicant's responsibility to ensure that all application credentials are received.
In addition to the supporting documents listed above, applicants who submit the SUNY Application must submit (1) the SUNY Supplemental Application and (2) the Application to Honors Programs by January 15.