Safety and Health:
- Meet Stony Brook University faculty. Attend lectures and seminars. Engage in hands-on research, experiments, and leadership projects. Units will be taught by faculty from such disciplines as:
- Asian and Asian-American Studies
- Computer Science
- Health Science
- Marine Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Explore the vast resources of Stony Brook University, including the
University Hospital and Brookhaven National Laboratory, which
the University co-manages.
- Learn about Stony Brook University’s application and
- Learn how to select a college abroad and how to write a
successful college admissions essay.
- Take intensive English language
classes on campus.
- Participate in cultural activities in Philadelphia and the New York metropolitan area, including visits to the United Nations headquarters, museums, and a Broadway show.
- The University provides a safe and secure living environment 24 hours a day.
- Residential Safety Service staff are at the main entrance of every residence hall at night.
- Each residence hall is supervised by a full-time, live-in professional residence hall director and student resident assistants.
- Exterior doors are locked. You will have an ID card to access
- At night, walking escorts are available from any point on campus back to your residence hall.
- Student health care services are available on campus.