MAKE YOUR DEPOSITS AND TELL US YOUR PREFERENCES
Pay your deposits and fee, and complete your New Student Preferences by logging on to Stony Brook’s secure SOLAR System, using your Stony Brook ID number and password. Your ID number and your original password are printed on the upper right of your letter of admission. If you logged into the SOLAR System in the past, you were already prompted to change your password. If you do not remember your password, go to the SOLAR login page, select "SOLAR Password Help," and follow the instructions to reset it.
If you prefer to mail your payments, you may print out PDF’s of the Admission Acceptance/Deposit Form and Orientation Fee Payment Form.
- Pay your $150 Tuition Deposit. Your tuition deposit must be received by the date indicated on your letter of admission.
- Pay your $200 Campus Housing Deposit. Transfer students are assigned campus housing on a space-available basis. Do not delay!
- Pay your $300 Orientation Fee. Orientation is mandatory for all new students.
- Complete your New Student Preferences. Tell us your preferences for Living Learning Centers, Orientation, campus housing, meal plans, and more. All new students are required to submit their New Student Preferences online.
Note: You will not receive your Orientation date, at which time you will register for classes, until you submit your New Student Preferences.
ACCEPT/DECLINE FINANCIAL AID AWARDS
Click on "Financial Aid" in SOLAR to accept/decline your awards online.
COMPLETE AND MAIL YOUR HEALTH FORMS
- The Immunization Form must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your Orientation date.
- The Meningitis Form must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your Orientation date. If you are 18 years of age or older, this requirement can be met by logging on to your SOLAR account and submitting your response electronically under "Holds."
- The Health Form must be submitted before the first day of classes.
COMPLETE THE DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES FORM (optional)
If you are a student with a disability that may impact your coursework, complete the Voluntary Disclosure Form.
SUBMIT YOUR ADVISING PLANNING FORM
After receiving your Orientation date, login to SOLAR to complete this form to sign up for a math assessment. This must be completed before attending orientation.
SEND US FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
To transfer your credits to Stony Brook, we must receive final official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Also, you must provide proof of high school graduation by sending us either a copy of your diploma or your high school transcript (noting date of graduation). If you have earned an associate’s degree, be sure that it’s posted on the transcript. To receive credit for AP courses taken in high school, you must have your AP scores sent to this office as well.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
118 Administration Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-1901
Get ready for your enrollment by attending Orientation (part 1). You’ll meet your peers, tour the University, meet with your Academic Advisor and register for classes. Orientation is mandatory for all new students.
PAY HEALTH INSURANCE OR APPLY FOR A WAIVER
Stony Brook requires all full time students to have comprehensive health insurance, and provides a plan for purchase by those who do not currently have such a plan. If you already have health insurance, you must apply for a health insurance waiver or you will be automatically billed for SB's plan. Once you register for classes, a fee for health insurance will be posted on your account. Log on to SOLAR and look for insurance waivers under “Student Financial Services” on the menu bar.
EXPERIENCE STONY BROOK
Just a few days before the start of classes you will participate in Experience Stony Brook (part 2 of Orientation), where you will discover the vast resources and opportunities available to you as an SB student. You’ll attend various programs and workshops focused on your academic success, campus involvement, and health and wellness.
YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS
The first day of classes is Monday, January 27 for the spring 2014 semester; Monday, August 25 for the fall 2014 semester. Click here to view the University's academic calendar.
Additional Information for: