MAKE YOUR DEPOSITS AND TELL US YOUR PREFERENCES
Pay your deposits and fee, and complete your New Student Preferences by logging on to Stony Brook’s secure SOLAR System, using your Stony Brook ID number and password. Your ID number and your original password are printed on the upper right of your letter of admission. If you logged into the SOLAR System in the past, you were already prompted to change your password. If you do not remember your password, go to the SOLAR login page, select "SOLAR Password Help," and follow the instructions to reset it.
If you prefer to mail your payments, you may print out PDF’s of the Admission Acceptance/Deposit Form and Orientation Fee Payment Form.
- Pay your $150 Tuition Deposit. Your tuition deposit must be received by the date indicted on your letter of admission.
- Pay your $200 Campus Housing Deposit. All new freshmen are guaranteed housing provided the tuition/housing deposit is received and their new student preferences are submitted online by May 1.
Note: On-campus living is a very popular option at Stony Brook. More than 80 percent of our new freshmen enjoy the comforts and stimulation our residential learning environment provides. To offer as many students as possible the experience of our residential learning environment, strategies that include assigning three students to a double room and other options will be utilized.
- Pay your $300 Orientation Fee. Orientation is mandatory for all new students.
- Complete your New Student Preferences. Tell us your preferences for Undergraduate Colleges, Orientation, campus housing, meal plans, and more. All new students are required to submit their New Student Preferences online by May 1.
For additional information about billing and refund policies, please visit the Bursar/Student Accounts Web site.
ACCEPT/DECLINE FINANCIAL AID AWARDS
Click on "Financial Aid" in SOLAR to accept/decline your awards online.
COMPLETE AND MAIL YOUR HEALTH FORMS
- The Immunization Form must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your Orientation date.
- The Meningitis Form must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your Orientation date. If you are 18 years of age or older, this requirement can be met by logging on to your SOLAR account and submitting your response electronically under "Holds."
- The Health Form must be submitted before the first day of classes.
COMPLETE THE DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES FORM (optional)
If you are a student with a disability that may impact your coursework, complete the Voluntary Disclosure Form.
SUBMIT YOUR ADVISING PLANNING FORM
After receiving your orientation date, login to SOLAR to complete the Advising Planning Form. In this form, you will be asked questions about your academic interests, AP tests and scores, and transfer credits. You will also sign up for your proctored Math Assessment and receive information about Writing Placement.
This information will be used by your advisors to suggest appropriate courses when you register for classes at orientation. You must complete the Advising Planning Form.
SEND US FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
Send your final, official transcripts and AP score reports as soon as they are available to:
118 Administration Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-1901
Get ready for your enrollment by attending Orientation (part 1). You’ll meet other students in your Undergraduate College, tour the University, meet with your Academic Advisor and register for classes. Orientation is mandatory for all new students.
PAY HEALTH INSURANCE OR APPLY FOR A WAIVER
Stony Brook requires all full time students to have comprehensive health insurance, and provides a plan for purchase by those who do not currently have such a plan. If you already have health insurance, you must apply for a health insurance waiver or you will be automatically billed for SB's plan. Once you register for classes, a fee for health insurance will be posted on your account. Log on to SOLAR and look for insurance waivers under “Student Financial Services” on the menu bar.
EXPERIENCE STONY BROOK
Just a few days before the start of classes you will participate in Experience Stony Brook (part 2 of Orientation), where you will discover the vast resources and opportunities available to you as an SB student. You’ll attend various programs and workshops focused on your academic success, campus involvement, and health and wellness.
Additional Information for: