Instructions for New EOP/AIM Students
Congratulations on your admission to Stony Brook's Educational Opportunity Program/Advancement on Individual Merit (EOP/AIM).
- Accept Our Offer of Admission. Log onto Stony Brook’s secure SOLAR System, using your Stony Brook ID number and password. Click on "EOP/AIM Accept/Decline" and accept our offer by the date indicated on your letter of admission. If we do not receive your response by this date, you will lose your space in our class. EOP/AIM students are not required to pay tuition and housing deposits, or the Orientation fee.
- Complete your New Student Preferences by May 1. Use our online form in SOLAR to tell us your preferences for Freshman Undergraduate Colleges (Living Learning Centers for Transfers), Orientation, campus housing, meal plans, and more. All new students are required to submit their New Student Preferences online.
All new EOP/AIM students are guaranteed housing. To offer as many students as possible the experience of our residential learning environment, strategies that include assigning three students to a double room and other options will be utilized.
Note: You will not be able to register for classes or receive a housing assignment until you have completed your New Student Preferences.
ACCEPT/DECLINE FINANCIAL AID AWARDS
Click on "Financial Aid" in SOLAR to accept/decline your awards online.
COMPLETE AND MAIL YOUR HEALTH FORMS
- The Immunization Form must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your Orientation date.
- The Meningitis Form must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your Orientation date. If you are 18 years of age or older, this requirement can be met by logging on to your SOLAR account and submitting your response electronically under "Holds."
- The Health Form must be submitted before the first day of classes.
COMPLETE THE DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES FORM (optional)
If you are a student with a disability that may impact your coursework, complete the Voluntary Disclosure Form.
SEND US FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
Send your final, official transcripts and AP score reports as soon as they are available to:
118 Administration Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-1901
All new EOP/AIM students are required to attend Orientation. Orientation for EOP/AIM Freshmen will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12, 2013. Orientation for EOP/AIM Transfers will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 13, 2013.
FRESHMEN: ATTEND EOP/AIM PRE-FRESHMAN SUMMER PROGRAM
In the summer, before other freshmen arrive at Stony Brook, you will have the opportunity to get a head start by becoming familiar with the campus, and the chance to sharpen your intellectual and academic skills by experiencing the rigors of college-level courses. The EOP/AIM Pre-Freshman Summer Program will be take place at Stony Brook University from Sunday, July 7, through Friday, August 9, 2013. Participation is mandatory for all EOP/AIM Freshmen.
PAY HEALTH INSURANCE OR APPLY FOR A WAIVER
Stony Brook requires all full time students to have comprehensive health insurance, and provides a plan for purchase by those who do not currently have such a plan. If you already have health insurance, you must apply for a health insurance waiver or you will be automatically billed for SB's plan. Once you register for classes, a fee for health insurance will be posted on your account. Log on to SOLAR and look for insurance waivers under “Student Financial Services” on the menu bar.
EXPERIENCE STONY BROOK
Just a few days before the start of classes you will participate in Experience Stony Brook (part 2 of Orientation), where you will discover the vast resources and opportunities available to you as an SB student. You’ll attend various programs and workshops focused on your academic success, campus involvement, and health and wellness.
YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS
The first day of classes is Monday, August 26. Click here to view the University's academic calendar.