The SBU Automotive Repair Facility is operated by the Department of Transportation & Parking Operations and is located next to the Facilities & Services building on the West Campus of Stony Brook University. The acility is staffed and equipped to perform the following range of vehicle services for Stony Brook University vehicles only:
- Preventive maintenance with departmental notification.
- New York State emissions and safety inspections.
- Air conditioning repair and component replacement.
- Complete brake system testing and service.
- Complete cooling system testing and service.
- Gasoline engine repair, replacement and adjustment.
- Diesel engine repair, replacement and adjustment.
- Receiving, preparation and final delivery of all new vehicles purchased for use at Stony Brook University.
- Towing University owned vehicles.
- Maintain all vehicle titles, registrations, maintenance, and scheduling records.
Users of Stony Brook University-owned vehicles may request vehicle maintenance/repair services by completing and submitting a "Squawk Sheet":
- For Stony Brook University East or West Campus Users: Use this Squawk Sheet
- For Stony Brook Southampton Users: Use this Squawk Sheet
Please submit the above completed form to:
- Email email@example.com or
- Fax to the Automotive Repair Facility at (631) 632-4615, or
- Deliver in person to Nancy Rufle, SBU Automotive Repair Facility, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-2001
Once the completed "Squawk Sheet" is received, the SBU Automotive Repair Facility will contact the requesting individual and/or Department with further information.
For additional information, please contact:
SBU Automotive Repair Facility
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-2001
Phone: (631) 632-6422
Fax: (631) 632-4615