wolfie class ring

Academic and Transfer Advising Services wants your transition to Stony Brook to be an easy one.

The Academic and Transfer Advising Services Office is where you'll find the answers to all your academic questions and concerns throughout your first year. Advisors are available to help students plan their academic programs to ensure a smooth transition to Stony Brook. Advisors will evaluate your transfer credits for general education requirements, facilitate the evaluation of your transfer credits for major and upper-division requirements, and enter your transfer credits on your Stony Brook transcript.

To transfer your credits to Stony Brook:

  • Transfer applicants and new transfer students must send final official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to:  Stony Brook University; UG Processing; 279 Broadway; Albany, NY 12204-2755; USA.  Note:  If you have earned an associate's degree, be sure it's posted on the transcript.   

  • Continuing students must send final transcripts from any college or university attended after matriculation at Stony Brook to:  Academic and Transfer Advising Services; E-2360 Melville Library;  Stony Brook, NY 11794-3353.

  • To receive credit for AP courses taken in high school, you must have your AP scores sent to the university electronically. Please visit College Board. Stony Brook's school code is 2548.


Please click here to find steps on transferring your credits from your previous schools.

Login to Edit