It's Easy to Attend Summer Sessions
Enrollment for visiting students begins on April 1st. Many students enroll in writing and math classes to prepare for advanced university-level work. Other students enroll in introductory courses in a discipline they are thinking about majoring in or are interested in learning more about.
If you have already graduated from an accredited college or university visit the School of Professional Development to be admitted as a visiting non-matriculated graduate student.
Steps To Take
- Make your course selection and credits.
- Gain prior approval from your current institution (including other SUNYs) to ensure that these credits will be accepted toward your degree.
- Complete our online application
- Allow 3 to 5 business days for the processing of your application.
- After submitting your application, you will be assigned a Stony Brook ID number to be used for all registration transactions.
- When you have completed your course work, you can order an official transcript to be sent to your academic institution.
- Summer Session 1:
- May 27 - July 5, 2014
- Summer Session 2:
- July 7 - August 16, 2014
- Extended Session 1:
- May 27 - July 17, 2014
- Extended Session 2:
- June 23 - August 16, 2014
- Accelerate your studies
- Stay on track
- Explore new courses
- Enroll in hard-to-get courses
- Upper-division study