Incoming Students Can Get a Jump Start
Taking a Summer Sessions class will enable you to:
- Jump start the fall semester by taking popular required courses.
- Take courses in your major.
- Get to know the campus before the fall rush.
- Connect with peers.
It's Easy to Attend Summer Sessions
If you have been admitted for the Fall semester and have received a Stony Brook ID number you need to have your account activated so you can register in SOLAR. If you do not have your ID number you can request it through the Registrar's office.
Steps To Take
- Make your course selection and credits. Only select introductory (100-level) courses are open to incoming freshmen.
- Complete the appropriate pre-registration form: Freshmen | Transfers
- Your selection will also be reviewed by a member of our advising staff to ensure that your class is applicable to your degree requirements.
- You will be term activated for summer and can enroll through SOLAR.
- Summer Session 1:
- May 27 - July 5, 2014
- Summer Session 2:
- July 7 - August 16, 2014
- Extended Session 1:
- May 27 - July 17, 2014
- Extended Session 2:
- June 23 - August 16, 2014
- Accelerate your studies
- Stay on track
- Explore new courses
- Enroll in hard-to-get courses
- Upper-division study