High School Student Summer Programs
Stony Brook University offers an exciting variety of opportunities for high school students, ranging from genuine hands-on research to credit bearing academic classes that can jump start your college career.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Meet students who share their academic motivation and interests.
- Manage their time and develop good study skills.
- Experience dorm life (you must be at least 18 years old at time of enrollment).
It's Easy to Attend Summer SessionsIf you are a high school student who will complete your junior year in June and your grade point average is 85 or higher, you may enroll in selected introductory(100-level) summer courses as a visiting Summer Sessions student.
Steps To Take
- Make your course selection and credits. Only 100 level courses are available.
- Complete our high school student online application
- Allow 3 to 5 business days for the processing of your application.
- After submitting your application, you will be assigned a Stony Brook ID number to be used for all registration transactions.
- When you have completed your course work, you can order an official transcript.
- Summer Session 1:
- May 28 - July 6, 2013
- Summer Session 2:
- July 8 - August 15, 2013
- Extended Session 1:
- May 28 - July 18, 2013
- Extended Session 2:
- June 24 - August 15, 2013
- Accelerate your studies
- Stay on track
- Explore new courses
- Enroll in hard-to-get courses
- Upper-division study