When to Apply
April 1 for Summer Session I (May 29-July 6)
May 1 for Summer Session II (July 9-August 16)
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Application Items Required
Complete online application with Apply Yourself. The application will require you to upload and complete the following documents:
- Study statement: One page typed study statement should be uploaded electronically to your online application.
- Declaration and Certification of Finances form: (Download form here).
- Financial support documents: Upload financial support documents showing the amount required in the Declaration and Certification of Finances form. Proof can be in the form of a bank letter or an original bank statement which states your name or your sponsor’s name in English. Documents must be dated within six months of term start date.
- Affidavit of Support (only required if using a sponsor): The name of the affidavit of support should be the same as the name on the bank letter/statement. Relationship to student should be indicated and signed by the sponsor. (Download Affidavit of support form here).
- Proof of Income (Only required if using a sponsor): Your sponsor must show proof of income for the current year, which can be sent in the form of an employer letter or income tax return. If the sponsor is retired, this too must be stated in the form of a letter.
- Passport: Upload a clear copy of the information page of your passport.
- TOEFL (if applicable): Students must have a minimum 80IBT or 6.5 IELTS. Upload a clear copy of your unexpired proficiency score.
- Stony Brook University Health Form: All students should complete the attached health form and send to email@example.com. Students should keep the original health form for future reference.
*Note, this form can be completed upon arrival through Stony Brook University Student Health Services; however enrollment into courses may be affected. (Download Health form here).
- Home University Transcripts: Upload a clear copy of your home university transcript.
Upon submission of your completed application, International Academic Programs and Services will evaluate your application. You will receive an admission decision via email. If accepted, you will receive your Stony Brook University ID number and additional instructions.
On campus housing is arranged for all visiting students. No application or deposit is required.
For anticipated costs visit http://www.stonybrook.edu/summer/tuition.shtml
There are more than 500 courses in 60 academic subjects offered at Stony Brook University for the Summer Sessions. For a list of courses for each session please visit http://www.stonybrook.edu/summer/courses.shtml
For more information:
International Academic Programs & Services
E-5340 Melville Library
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3397
Phone: (631) 632-7030
Fax: (631) 632-1396