PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A SIGNED PASSPORT THAT WILL BE VALID AT LEAST UNTIL JULY 14TH, 2010. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PASSPORT YET, PLEASE APPLY AS SOON AS YOU CAN AND USE THE EXPEDITED SERVICE TO ENSURE THAT YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PASSPORT BY OCTOBER 9, 2009. FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A US PASSPORT, PLEASE VISIT: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
Deadline: ASAP or October 9th
At the invitation of the Chinese Government, The State University of New York is going to run a one-time only January- Term Program in China from December 27th to January 10th. The program will be worth 1 SUNY credit.
Estimated Program Fee: visit http://www.albanystudyabroad.com/pdf/costs/CHN%20Sichuan%20win%200910.pdf
What is included?
Pre-departure orientation, SUNY tuition for one credit, round trip airfare from NYC to Beijing, domestic transportation in China, room and board in China, program arranged site visits and field trips, airport pick up, mandatory insurance.
What is not included?
Chinese visa application and handling fees, personal expenses (including your passport if you do not already have one.)
- Students should be in good academic standing.
- Students must write a brief essay demonstrating a strong interest in visiting China.
- Priorities will be given to sophomores, but good students at all levels are eligible to apply.
- Priorities will be given to students who are taking China related courses or are interested in taking China related courses upon return.
- No previous Chinese language study is required.
- Students should not have previously studied in China.
- SUNY Study Abroad Online Application: http://www.albany.edu/studyabroad/prospective/apply.html
- A personal essay that explains why you want to visit China:
Study Statement Form
- ONE letter of recommendation:
- An unofficial transcript
- A photocopy of the pages of your passport that have your photograph and signature
Please submit all the materials to: University at Albany
Study Abroad and Exchanges
Science Library G-40
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
- The “Discovering China” Program is very competitive and space is limited. In the case that we do not have a spot for you, would you like to be considered for the Shanghai Winter-session Program or the Hong Kong Winter-session Program? If so, please list the program of your choice as the 2nd Choice on the application form. Please visit UAlbany’s Study Abroad website for more information about the Shanghai or the Hong Kong Program. We will contact you if we need to switch you to another program.
- If you have previously started the application process, you can access and complete your application using your unique username and password:
Click here to Login.
- We cannot process your application for admission until all the required materials are completed and received by our office.
- If you have not already received a password from Albany Study Abroad, or at any time in the process you require more information, you may Contact Us.