SPD Webinars — Access and Participation Information
This set of instructions is generic for all SPD webinars. Please refer to the webinar description for dates, time and topic information.
What You Need To Know Before the Presentation
You will need to have:
- A desktop or laptop computer with the Adobe Flash player installed (note: the iPad will not work; other tablets may or may not work, so it is best to run a connection test)
- Speakers or headphones
- A wired Internet connection is strongly preferred; wireless participants may be able to see and hear the presentation, but they cannot use their computer's microphone (they can still participate by speaking into the telephone or by typing in the chat pod)
- Administrator access to install plug-ins from Adobe
You will need to do:
On the Day of the Presentation
SPD's Online Conference Room Access Information
Stony Brook Library Conference Room Access Information
How The Presentation Works
- Once you log-in, you will see the online conference room, which has several components or "pods."
- The presentation will be displayed in the largest pod, and there will be interactive pods for you to ask questions or send messages.
- You will hear the presenter, who will speak and share a slideshow and/or make a demonstration.
- Depending on the presentation, participants will either use the chat function or use the telephone to ask questions (telephone-enabled conferences will ask for your phone number upon logging into the SB Connect system).
- The facilitator will manage the pods, monitor the discussion and post relevant links.
- You will be asked to provide feedback by typing messages or clicking when prompted.
- The seminar should last about one hour.
As always, if you have any questions about the webinar, please call (631-632-7896) or email us at email@example.com at least one hour before the start time.
We look forward to meeting you online!