HEA Information Sessions: Access and Participation Information
Our webinars run on the SB Connect platform. Participants can watch presentations online and ask questions via a microphone attached to their computer. Here is what you need to know and do to participate.
You will need to have:
- A desktop or laptop computer with the Adobe Flash player installed (note: the iPad will not work; other tablets may or may not work, so it is best to run a connection test).
- Speakers/headphones plus microphone (preferred) or a telephone.
- A wired Internet connection is strongly preferred; wireless participants may be able to see and hear the presentation, but they cannot use their microphone. (They can still participate by typing in the chat pod.)
- Administrator access to install free plug-ins from Adobe.
You will need to do:
On the Day of the Presentation
SPD's Online Conference Room Access Information
- Log in at https://meeting.sinc.stonybrook.edu/spd2 about 10 minutes before the start time.
- Select "Guest" as your log in.
- You may be prompted with a screen that asks for your telephone number. On this screen you should check the box that says Use Computer. You will be connected to the information session and be able to use your computer's speakers and microphone to hear and speak. If the audio connection does not appear to be working for you please run the Audio Setup Wizard under the Meeting menu.
If you have any questions about the webinar, please call (631-632-7759) or email Samantha Lodato at least one hour before the start time.
We look forward to meeting you online!