HEA Information Sessions: Access and Participation Information
Our webinars run on the SB Connect platform. Participants can watch presentations online and ask questions via a telephone or a microphone attached to their computer. Here is what you need to know and do to participate.
You will need to have:
- A desktop or laptop computer with the Adobe Flash player installed (note: the iPad will not work; other tablets may or may not work, so it is best to run a connection test).
- Speakers/headphones and/or a telephone capable of receiving calls. You may also use a microphone.
- A wired Internet connection is strongly preferred; wireless participants may be able to see and hear the presentation, but they cannot use their microphone. (They can still participate by typing in the chat pod.)
- Administrator access to install free plug-ins from Adobe.
You will need to do:
On the Day of the Presentation
SPD's Online Conference Room Access Information
- Log in at https://meeting.sinc.stonybrook.edu/spd2 about 10 minutes before the start time.
- Select "Guest" as your log in.
- You will be asked for your telephone number to have the conference system call you. You may choose not to enter your number and just use your computer's speaker and microphone to hear and speak.
If you have any questions about the webinar, please call (631-632-7759) or e-mail us at Samantha Segal at least one hour before the start time.
We look forward to meeting you online!