Started with SPD Online
If you have registered for an online
course, here is what you need to do before the semester begins.
1. Read through the FAQs to make sure you understand how SPD Online courses work.
2. Make sure that you know how to access your Stony Brook email account. You will need to go into SOLAR and set up your NetID password to use Blackboard and to access your Stony Brook email account.
3. Log into Blackboard prior to the start of the term to access your course and review your course requirements. Courses are available one week before the the term officially begins. Specific directions can be found by clicking on the appropriate link below:
4. Check the SPD Online Support "course" in Blackboard. A week before the term begins, you will find a "course"
called SPD Online Support in Blackboard. This course site contains links to tutorials and a pre-semester
checklist that must be completed prior to the first day of the term.
5. Consider signing up for our Online Learning Orientation webinar. This hour-long webinar is offered at least twice during the week before class. »Details and registration.
- Technical and Course Availability Questions: Call SPD Online at 631.632.9484 or send us an email.
- Course Content Questions: Contact your instructor either via email or from within your Blackboard course.