For Master of Arts in Liberal Studies and Master of Science in Human Resource Management Programs Only
For admission to graduate study, the following are required:
- Personal statement. (Read the rubric for evaluating personal statement)
- An official transcript indicating conferral of a bachelor's (or master's) degree (minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average).
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be from teachers or professors with whom you have studied. Letters from professionals in fields of work related to the area of specialty you wish to pursue are also appropriate.
- In those cases where the departmental admissions committee deems it desirable, personal interviews with departmental representatives may be requested.
International Students/Language Requirements
There are additional requirements for international applicants or those for whom English is not their primary language. » View details.
Under certain circumstances, promising candidates who lack the required academic preparation may be considered for conditional admission. » Conditional Admissions Policy
Stony Brook University/SUNY is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer. Effective January 1, 2016, Stony Brook University will become 100 percent tobacco-free.
How to Apply
Applications, letters of recommendation, personal statements, any other required materials and a nonrefundable $100 application fee are submitted online through Apply Yourself. Official transcripts may be sent electronically from the institution to the School of Professional Development or may be mailed to the address listed below. Students who take courses on campus will also be required to submit an immunization form to Student Health Services. Visit the Student Health Services Web site for more information.
- June 15 for Fall admission.
- October 15 Spring admission.
- March 15 for Summer admission.
School of Professional Development
N 201 Social and Behavioral Sciences Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4310
Tel. (631) 632-7050