Stony Brook University
School of Professional Development

Teacher Certification Information

This information has moved to

Statement of Student Responsibility

Students themselves—whether new, returning, or continuing—are responsible for reviewing, understanding, and adhering to their degree and/or certificate program requirements. (SPD’s non-matriculating [non-degree] graduate students [GSP] are responsible for adhering to the guidelines related to non-matriculated status.) All SPD students are responsible for reviewing, understanding, and complying with University and SPD regulations, policies, and procedures, as described in all official publications, the University website, and the SPD website, including, but not limited to, SPD’s online references, the SPD Bulletin and SPD Academic Calendar.


Not Yet Certified?

SPD offers several Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) programs that lead to certification.

» Graduate Programs


© Copyright School of Professional Development at Stony Brook University.
Last modified on 07/02/2014.
Search Stony Brook University