Master's Degree Programs
*Programs marked with an asterisk are available in a completely online format
- Higher Education Administration,* MA
- Human Resource Management,* MS
- Liberal Studies,* MA
Read about the Liberal Studies degree and professional certification for teachers.
- Teaching: English, MAT
- Teaching: Foreign Languages, MAT
- German (not presently accepting applications for new students)
- Teaching: Mathematics, MAT
- Teaching: Science, MAT
- Earth Science
- Teaching: Social Studies, MAT
Post-Master's Certification Programs
- Educational Leadership (School District and School Building Leader)*
- School District Business Leadership
Advanced Graduate Certificate Programs
- Educational Computing
- Environmental Management
- Higher Education Administration*
- Human Resource Management *
- Industrial Management
- Operations Research
Bachelor's/Master's Combined Programs
Current Stony Brook students are eligible to enroll in combined undergraduate and graduate programs leading to teacher certification/
- Bachelor's/Master of Arts in Teaching degree programs
- Bachelor of Arts/Master of Arts in Teaching Foreign Language with ENL (Two certifications)
Graduate course sequences that demonstrate one's achievement of a particular skill or set of skills. View Digital Badge Catalog >
The non-matriculated student application is for prospective students who have bachelor's degrees and wish to take graduate or undergraduate courses, but do not intend to matriculate into a degree or certificate program.
Additional Teacher Certification Options
These two course sequences can be taken by current matriculated or non-matriculated students who are either certified teachers or in teacher certification programs.
The following doctoral programs will accept credits earned in SPD's Educational Leadership program.
The following programs and course series have been discontinued and are not accepting new applicants: