Master's Degree Programs
*Programs marked with an asterisk are available in a completely online format
- Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration*
- Master of Arts in Liberal Studies*
Read about the MALS and professional certification for teachers.
- Master of Arts in Teaching, English
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Foreign Languages
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Mathematics
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Science
- Earth Science
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Social Studies
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management*
Post-Master's Certification Programs
- Educational Leadership (School District and School Building Leader)*
- School District Business Leadership
Advanced Graduate Certificate Programs
- Educational Computing
- Environmental Management
- Higher Education Administration*
- Human Resource Management *
- Industrial Management
- Operations Research
Bachelor's/Master's Combined Programs
Current Stony Brook undergraduate students are eligible to enroll in combined Bachelor's/Master of Arts in Teaching degree programs.
The non-matriculated student application is for prospective students who have bachelor's degrees and wish to take graduate or undergraduate courses, but do not intend to matriculate into a degree or certificate program.
Additional Teacher Certification Option
Teacher Certification Extension
Courses leading to Adolescence Education Grade 5-6 Extension for MAT students or certified teachers. This course sequence can be taken by current matriculated or non-matriculated students.
The following doctoral programs will accept credits earned in SPD's Educational Leadership program.
The following programs and course series have been discontinued and are not accepting new applicants: