Master's Degree Programs
*Programs marked with an asterisk are available in a completely online format
- Higher Education Administration,* MA
- Human Resource Management,* MS
- Liberal Studies,* MA
Read about the Liberal Studies degree and professional certification for teachers.
- Teaching: English, MAT
- Teaching: Foreign Languages, MAT
- Teaching: Mathematics, MAT
- Teaching: Science, MAT
- Earth Science
- Teaching: Social Studies, MAT
Post-Master's Certification Programs
- Educational Leadership (School District and School Building Leader)*
- School District Business Leadership
Advanced Graduate Certificate Programs
- Educational Computing
- Environmental Management
- Higher Education Administration*
- Human Resource Management *
- Industrial Management
- Operations Research
Bachelor's/Master's Combined Programs
Current Stony Brook undergraduate students are eligible to enroll in combined Bachelor's/Master of Arts in Teaching degree programs.
The non-matriculated student application is for prospective students who have bachelor's degrees and wish to take graduate or undergraduate courses, but do not intend to matriculate into a degree or certificate program.
Additional Teacher Certification Option
Teacher Certification Extension
Courses leading to Adolescence Education Grade 5-6 Extension for MAT students or certified teachers. This course sequence can be taken by current matriculated or non-matriculated students.
The following doctoral programs will accept credits earned in SPD's Educational Leadership program.
The following programs and course series have been discontinued and are not accepting new applicants: