ONLINE PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE
Women's Exercise Training and Wellness
The Online Professional Certificate in Women’s Exercise Training and Wellness is an interactive Web-based certificate program designed to ensure the development of safe and effective exercise programs for women by personal trainers, allied health/medical and fitness professionals, and the general public. The program prepares graduating students for a career working with women of all ages at medically-based fitness facilities, YMCA/JCC’s, community wellness programs, personal training studios, physical therapy clinics, health promotion sites, corporate sites, and private and commercial health clubs.
Students will learn how to apply their client’s health history, goals, and abilities integrating exercise science curriculum and practical training techniques into a systematic model that teaches students to progress their clients through various phases of a woman’s life. In addition, female health and exercise enthusiasts of all ages seeking to stay current with information to design personalized exercise programs specific to a women’s needs and concerns would benefit from this program as well. The program is offered in partnership with the Women’s Health Foundation and Healthy Moms® Fitness, allowing graduating certificate students a preferred discount on both the Women’s Health Foundation Total Control™ and Healthy Moms® Perinatal Fitness Instructor Certification Exams and study materials
Who Should Attend
- Current allied health/medical and fitness professionals and personal trainers interested in developing safe and effective exercise programs for women
- Current fitness managers and directors wishing to manage and market new programs to women
- Education directors of multi-site facilities or chains training fitness professionals to work with women
- Companies that require the certificate program as a professional development program for employees to achieve key business goals, career objectives, and skills to advance beyond entry-level positions
- Individual female exercise enthusiasts interested in seeking to stay current in exercise program design, health, and wellness would benefit from this program as well.
Workplace Advantages and Benefits
- On-going guidance, instruction, and interaction from instructors that hold either a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in exercise science, biomechanics, exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical therapy, nutrition or an exercise science-related degree. Our instructors will support their students and become valuable resources and mentors well after they graduate.
- A professional certificate from an accredited institution.
- College courses provide CECs or CEUs for personal trainers and allied health/medical professionals seeking re-certification, re-licensure, or career advancement.
- Networking opportunities with industry experts.
To earn the certificate you are required to complete all four courses. The four courses are offered in a two-module format; each module consists of two courses that are offered simultaneously. You are not required to take the courses in any order; however it is highly recommended that you begin with course one (1) in Module One: Female Anatomy and Physiology. You may also register for individual courses if desired. The two-module series is offered three times per year in the fall, spring, and summer.
Award of the Certificate:
To receive the certificate, students must:
- Complete all certificate courses within three months or have up to two-years (if necessary)
- Complete and receive a passing grade of (C- or above) in all courses, including quizzes, exams, written/research projects, and class assignments
- Program completion certificates will be processed and mailed at the end of each semester.
The cost for each course is $249. The cost for the entire certificate is $996.