Special Event Setup RequestsRequesting an event setup at Stony Brook Southampton:
Event setups are requested thru the FIXIT system. Requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
FIXIT Tickets must be submitted no later than fifteen business days before the event.
1. Go to the Stony Brook Southampton Work Request website.
2. Select 'Special Event setup requests.'
3. Follow the instructions on the screen and 'Log in.'
4. Fill in the required 'Contact Information' fields and click 'Next.'
- SEND A COPY TO: John Waldron in facilities at Southampton.
- For the WORK TYPE, select 'Special Event Setup'
5. Fill in the required "Location information" fields and give a "Short Description."
IN THE LARGER AREA PLEASE INCLUDE:
- Event contact name and phone numbers, both work and cell. (The requestor of the FIXIT Ticket is not necessarily the person entering the ticket. We need to know who to contact with questions and how to reach someone during the event if not available at the work number.)
- Event date (s)
- Event time (start and end) and when work should be completed by (if different)
- Furniture requested and layout instructions (e.g. how many chairs to a table.)
- Leave account number blank.
Always be as specific as possible.
6. Review the Work Request and click “Issue this work request”.
- Separate work orders are required if the event is more than one day and the days are not consecutive. One work order is sufficient if the event occurs over multiple, consecutive days and no setup changes are required for the duration of the event.
- Setups for weekend events are done on Friday.
- If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Southampton facilities office at (631) 632-5058, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.