November 14-18, 2016
- Strengthen your writing chops
- Work with professional writers
- Get published and/or produced
- Stand out in college admissions
- Make new friends
- It’s a BLAST!
Partial scholarships are available.
The Young Artists and Writers Project (YAWP), created by Stony Brook Southampton's MFA in Writing and Literature program, is dedicated to mentoring young people in the development of creative expression and critical thinking through writing.
The goals of YAWP include:
• To enhance critical thinking, collaboration and communications skills.
• To help each student find and develop his or her unique voice and point of view.
• To use creative expression as a way to solve problems and promote global awareness.
• To advance 21st century skills while supporting ELA requirements.
• To provide community outreach for Southampton Graduate Arts.
• To develop and support the next generation of writers, readers and artists.