The Florence Writers Workshop 2015
Florence, Italy - January 13-24, 2015
A metropolis of artisans for over half a millennia, Florence is so alive in the creative fields, it is impossible not to find something inspiring. The architecture, museums, people and food provide a rich and nourishing backdrop to fuel your creative endeavors.
The Florence Writers Workshop stands as a writing and cultural experience unlike anything we offer.
Housed at the Florence University of the Arts, we have gathered a stellar faculty and shaped an incredible experience. While our writing workshop is the anchor of the program, field trips in and around the city and a compelling series of electives led by an internationally-renowned faculty round out your 10 days in Florence.
Electives and events may include:
- An Evening at the Opera
- Faculty-led visit to the Bargello Museum
- Introduction to Italian Style & Design
- Faculty-led walking tour of Florence
- Wine and Food Pairing Dinner
- Introduction to Italian Language and Culture
- Excursion to the Tuscan Countryside & winery
- Cooking Class (and dinner) at Apicius Culinary School
- Elective in Contemporary Italian Fiction
- Elective in Michelangelo & the Medici Family
We invite you to delve deep into the artistic and literary life of the city that once nourished Dante and Dostoevsky and discover a renaissance in your own writing.
Subscriber Option: For those wanting to live the writer’s life, but don't write, there is a subscriber option which gives you access to everything but the actual workshop – which means more museums, shopping and espresso for you.