Application & Guidelines
5-day Playwriting workshops: July 9-13
12-day Theatre Festival: July 9-20
Materials to Submit:
1.We have entered to the digital age and applications are now done through our online form. Please make sure you have all your documents collected and ready for uploading before you begin, to make the process as easy as possible. Please apply online here
2. Up to 20 pages of a scene, play or musical work in progress. All work should be laid out in legit play script format, double-spaced in 12-point font with your name and page numbers on each page. Please submit PDF or Word Docs only. No Final Draft accepted.
3. Please include an up-to-date résumé or bio with your application:
• Secondary consideration is given to an indication of how you will benefit from the
experience of joining us. Please provide a statement of purpose describing what you
hope to accomplish in the workshop and what motivates you to apply.
• Partial scholarships are available. To apply for a scholarship, please include a personal statement and a letter of recommendation attesting to the strength of your work along with the other materials.
• Date of birth: All applicants, including non-credit, must be at least 18 years of age
and must register for the entire duration of the course. We also need this information
for housing and drink/food purposes.
• Question 1: We recommend that you stay on campus, to immerse yourself in the
experience. The schedule is packed, with events all day and every evening. For
commuters, breakfast and lunch is included in the cost of tuition. Dinner is not
• Question 2: Partial scholarships are generally modest, and are intended to defray the
costs of staying on campus.
• Question 3 and its subsets: Workshops may be taken for 3 graduate-level academic
credits. To earn the credits, participants must attend all workshop meetings, complete
all assignments, earn a passing grade, and attend all electives, including evening
events. Stony Brook undergraduates who are accepted can get permission from their
departments and the Graduate School to apply these credits toward their Bachelor’s.
Students at other universities should check with their institutions for how to apply
these credits. Out-of-state students will pay $786 for the credits.
• Question 4: We have a terrific program, if you’re interested in studying year round.
• Workshop Preferences: Please mark your first and second choices.
• For Scholarship Consideration: March 1
• All Other Applications: April 1
Early application is encouraged, as workshop space is limited. Notification of acceptance
will ordinarily be mailed within four weeks. Applications received after April 1 will be
considered on a rolling basis if space is available.
Tuition and Fees:
Application Fee: waived
5-Day Session: TBA
12 Day Session:TBA
5 Day Intro Session: TBA
12 Day Intro Session: TBA
Out of State Graduate Credit: additional $354 per credit
*prices subject to change
• A non-refundable tuition deposit of $400 is due upon acceptance.
• Refunds cannot be provided for those who must leave the conference early.
• Tuition deposits received after a workshop fills will be returned promptly.
• Remaining tuition and fees must be received by May 1, 2014.