2015 Southampton Writers Conference
Tickets to: TSR/Selected Shorts Event July 18, 2015
Imagine an opportunity to immerse yourself in your work while in the company of other serious writers. Then imagine this taking place on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean in Southampton, Long Island. Since 1976, the Southampton Writers Conference has brought together writers at all stages of their careers with world-class novelists, essayists, editors, poets and children’s book authors for lectures, readings, panels and workshops.
All writers are welcome to attend the Conference, including those who seek a 12-day writers residency in the Hamptons. This year's offerings include a 5-part craft lecture series with Roger Rosenblatt. Admission to a 5-day writing workshop is competitive and requires additional application materials.
2015 Creative Writing Workshops
- Ursula Hegi, Novel WORKSHOP FULL
- Vijay Seshadri, Poetry WORKSHOP FULL
- Elena Gorokhova, Memoir
- Frederic Tuten - Fiction
- Meg Wolitzer, Fiction WORKSHOP FULL
- Billy Collins, Poetry WORKSHOP FULL
- Melissa Bank & Matt Klam, Creative Nonfiction WORKSHOP FULL
- Patricia McCormick, YA Novel WORKSHOP FULL
- Grace Lin, Middle Grade Novel WORKSHOP FULL
- Emma Walton Hamilton, Picture Book WORKSHOP FULL
- Halley Feiffer, Playwriting
Come on in. The water’s fine.
It’s all part of Stony Brook Southampton’s MFA in Creative Writing and Literature