Sunday, October 25, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Stony Brook University Student Activities Center
Partnering to Strengthen Our Community
You're invited: Meet Stony Brook University’s fifth president, Samuel L. Stanley, Jr., MD, who will open the Forum and answer your questions at a Q & A session.
Learn about the many ways Stony Brook University, Stony Brook University Medical Center, the Health Sciences Center, the Long Island State Veterans Home, and the local community work together for the benefit of the men, women, and children of Long Island.
- Visit the Community Showcase, where exhibitors share information about programs and services.
- Hear about some of the current programs and outreach efforts. Scheduled speakers are:
- Diane Eppolito, Long Island Head Start
- Sandra Gil, Suffolk County Department of Health
- Annette Kosar, March of Dimes
- Alexander Lopez, PAR FORE Program
- Les Scheinfeld, Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk
- Chief Harry Wallace, Unkechaug Nation on the Poospatuck Reservation in Mastic
- Ask your questions of President Stanley
(You may e-mail your questions in advance to: AskPresidentStanley@stonybrook.edu)
Box lunch provided (first come, first served). Commemorative eco-friendly tote bags (while supplies last). RSVP to (631) 444-4000.
The Community Service Forum will immediately follow the American Heart Association “2009 Long Island Start! Heart Walk Suffolk County.”
Start: 10:00 am, Stony Brook University Student Activities Center
Chairman: Stony Brook University Hospital CEO Steven L. Strongwater, MD
For information, to register, or to make a donation, visit www.StonyBrookMedicalCenter.org and go to “Upcoming Events” and click on “Start! Suffolk County Heart Walk.”