LACE UP YOUR SNEAKERS FOR WALK ON WEDNESDAYS
Walk on Wednesdays (WOW), Stony Brook University’s employee weekly walking program, will kick off its fall season on September 4. Groups of faculty and staff will start walking at noon, rain or shine, at the locations listed below.
Wednesday, September 11 is 9/11 Memorial and Volunteer Service Day. Please join Healthier U walkers and wear red, white and/or blue to honor those who died and those who volunteered on 9/11/01. For more information please visit http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/911/.
- Hospital - Main Lobby
- Tech Park – Cafeteria at 31 Research Way
- Long Island State Veterans Home – Main Entrance
- Main Campus – Fountain on the Academic Mall. In case of inclement weather, meet in the Administration lobby near the mall
- South Campus:
- Endeavor Hall Lobby (In case of inclement weather, meet in Discovery Hall)
- Sullivan Hall Lobby
- Suffolk Hall Lobby by EH&S
- Courtyard between Putnam Hall and Dana Hall
- Research & Development Park
- Building 17 - Meet at the main entrance
- CEWIT - Meet in the front lobby
*Other Locations – please contact Healthier U
CLICK HERE to sign up now for Walk on Wednesdays.
Indoor and outdoor maps are listed on our maps page.
Participants that walk at least 4 times this fall will receive FREE Healthier U T-shirt (while supplies last).
Why walk? According to the American Heart Association “Heart disease is the country’s No. 1 killer. But by exercising for as little as 30 minutes each day you can reduce your risk. That’s what the American Heart Association’s start walking movement is all about.” Track your fitness activities with the American Heart Association by clicking here: www.startwalkingnow.org.
Have questions? Contact Healthier U at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Stony Brook Medicine calendar for more events that will help create a Healthier U!
ONGOING: Flu vaccines for all faculty and staff at the Student Health Service, fee $25. LEARN MORE
ONGOING: Pertussis vaccines available to hospital employees at Employee Health & Wellness, Level 3 Room #557. Call 444-7767.
SHINGLES: President Stanley urges the community to get the shingles vaccine. LEARN MORE