LACE UP YOUR SNEAKERS FOR WALK ON WEDNESDAYS
"Walk on Wednesdays" (WOW) & "Walk to Win", Stony Brook University’s employee weekly walking program, will kick off its spring season on March 19, 2014. Groups of faculty and staff will start walking at noon, rain/snow or shine, at the locations listed below.
- Hospital - Main Lobby
- Tech Park
- 31 Research Way
- 8 Research Way
- Long Island State Veterans Home
- Main entrance
- Main Campus
- Fountain on Academic Mall
- South Campus:
- Endeavor Hall Lobby (In case of inclement weather, meet in Discovery Hall)
- Sullivan Hall Lobby
- Suffolk Hall Lobby by EH&S
- Courtyard between Putnam Hall and Dana Hall
- Research & Development Park
- Building 17 - Meet at the main entrance
- CEWIT - Meet in the front lobby
*Other Locations – please contact Healthier U
Spring 2014 online registration for Walk on Wednesdays & Walk to Win.
Indoor and outdoor maps are listed on our maps page.
Participants that walk at this spring will receive HU Towel-4 instances, HU Water Bottle-8 instances and HU T-Shirt-10 instances (while supplies last).
Why walk? According to the American Heart Association “Heart disease is the country’s No. 1 killer. But by exercising for as little as 30 minutes each day you can reduce your risk. That’s what the American Heart Association’s start walking movement is all about.” Track your fitness activities with the American Heart Association by clicking here: www.startwalkingnow.org.
Have questions? Contact Healthier U at email@example.com