HEALTHIER U WALKING PROGRAMS
Stony Brook University offers two options for its employee walking program: "Walk on Wednesdays" (WOW) & "Walk to Win" (WTW). Both programs Will be back for the Fall season beginning September 9, 2015. To encourage participation, participants will receive a variety of FREE prizes after four instances of participation in either program.
WALK ON WEDNESDAYS
"Walk on Wednesdays" (WOW) is a series of walks held at 12 noon each Wednesday. Walks are held at the eight locations listed below. Check in with your Healthier U walk leader at each site to track your attendance. Groups of faculty and staff will walk at noon, rain/snow or shine. Here are the walk leaders and locations for Walk on Wednesdays:
- Hospital - Main Lobby (Leader: Cynthia Cooke)
- Tech Park (Leader: Linda Cuervo)
- 31 Research Way
- 8 Research Way
- Long Island State Veterans Home (Leader: Daniel Krupski)
- Main entrance
- 2000 Ocean Ave, Ronkonkoma (Leader: Lisa DeSousa)
- Main Campus (Leader: Elizabeth Roberts)
- Fountain on Academic Mall
- South Campus (Leader: Amy Wolf)
- Endeavor Hall Lobby (In case of inclement weather, meet in Discovery Hall)
- Sullivan Hall Lobby
- Suffolk Hall Lobby by EH&S
- Courtyard between Putnam Hall and Dana Hall
- Research & Development Park (Leader: N/A)
- Building 17 - Meet at the main entrance
- CEWIT - Meet in the front lobby
- Gyrodyne/Flowerfield (Leader: N/A)
- Southampton (Leader: Cheri Gostic)
- SBUH Ambulatory Surgery Center (Leader: Michelle Strong)
- Dental School (Leader: Maria Nardiello)
WALK TO WIN
Looking to add that competitive spirit and walk at any time? Then "Walk to Win" (WTW) might be right for you!
Walk to Win is a team-based walking program that allows you to walk anytime, anywhere. Be sure to have at least one other co-worker walk with you and report the total distance walked.
At the end of the fall/spring season, the team with the most miles walked per person will win a healthy reward sponsored by Healthier U.
Congratulations to the "Chemistry Solutions" team on winning the 2015 Spring "Walk to Win" competition.
|Team Chemistry Solutions: L-R Daniel Cashmar, Charmine Yapchin (Team Captain), Nazini Karimi, Roxanne Brockner, Dale Drueckhammer.|
|Deborah Murphy & Nicole Fanelli-Burke|
Indoor & Outdoor Walking Trail Maps
For your convenience, the Healthier U Walking Program has provided several indoor and outdoor walking trail maps of various campuses with the equivalent of laps in miles!
To learn more about our walking programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 632-2945. We look forward to walking our way together toward a Healthier U!
April 25 - July 3
February 8 - May 6
For more information and other events, please click HERE.
Check out the Stony Brook Medicine calendar for more events that will help create a Healthier U!
ONGOING: Flu vaccines for all faculty and staff at the Student Health Service, fee $25. LEARN MORE
ONGOING: Flu vaccines and pertussis vaccines available to hospital employees at Employee Health & Wellness, Level 3 Room #557. Call 444-7767.
EBOLA: President Stanley speaks in regards to Risks of Emerging Infections. WATCH HERE